Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
The Sr. Loan Processor is responsible for providing quality customer service by obtaining necessary documentation to underwrite the loan and ordering third party documentation by communicating directly with the customer and/or loan officer in a professional and effective manner. Must have a “can-do” attitude and can treat everyone involved in the transaction as a customer. Must be self-sufficient and be able to use Google (Google is amazing! It enables you to be self-sufficient and avoid disturbing colleagues), FHA Handbook and other resources.
- A minimum of 5 years of current residential mortgage processing experience as a Loan Processor in a high volume environment.
- Experience with Government Loan Processing required.
- Experience with carrying a pipeline of over 30 loans per month minimum.
- Must have experience with Fannie, Freddie, non-conforming, Jumbo, VA and FHA Guidelines.
- Working knowledge of RESPA regulations and general knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations, including but not limited to Regulation Z and Regulation B requirements, and loan documents preferred.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Available to work varying hours and overtime if needed
- Encompass experience required
- Perform a thorough review and analysis of borrower’s credit, employment, income and assets as required by the particular loan program before submitting to underwriting
- Assemble the complete loan package in proper order for underwriting:
- Verify all required documentation (pre-underwrite) in the file;
- Complete the required loan checklist;
- Verify that an application is complete and accurate; and
- Identify any potential issues that may arise in underwriting * Prepare a loan approval summary, Forms 1008 and 1003, and ensure the accuracy of all the information printed on those documents. Communicate directly with the Loan Originator, customer, and underwriter to obtain initial and any missing documentation required to qualify for the loan
- Review loans for compliance with all mortgage-related regulations (RESPA, TIL, HMDA, Reg. B, etc.) and prepare required disclosures
- Communicate with various companies to obtain Property Survey, Flood Certificate, Title Commitment, and payoff information
- Manage pipeline by completing and submitting reports within allotted turn-around times.
- Assist set-up of loans
- Document all communication related to the loan application in the conversation log.
- Train and help supervise new loan processors and other processing personnel
- Assist closing and secondary marketing to obtain and clear outstanding suspense items