Take your patio to the next level with these 5 tips
Take advantage of your outdoor patio year round by following these simple tips:
- Use low-maintenance plants to merge your indoor and outdoor spaces seamlessly. Succulents are excellent because they require minimal watering, freeing you to take vacations worry-free.
- Add comfortable yet stylish seating for two or more, depending on the size of your space. Also, consider a hammock for reading or napping. What use is a patio if you can’t sit down and enjoy it?
- Make your patio fun for all seasons. If your patio is covered, install a ceiling fan to cool it down in the summer. Stash blankets in a bench for cooler months, or purchase an outdoor heater.
- If your patio isn’t covered, then add an umbrella to block the sun and give you a cool place to recline.
- Purchase lanterns to brighten up your patio after dark. These hold candles and can hang or sit on tables or the ground. Alternatively, consider festive outdoor lighting or torches.