Tips for Hiring a Contractor
Do You Need a Contractor for Home Improvements?
Many people hire general contractors to help them add to their homes square footage or make home improvements, put on a new roof or other important service. Here are some things you should consider when picking and hiring a general contractor.
1. Make sure you get a price estimate of costs from at least 3 different contractors.
2. Keep records of the work done and the money paid to the general contractor.
3. Make sure the contractors license is up to date, Check the state data base.
4. Take videos of the progress from start to finish. It is smart to have if something goes wrong.
5. Never pay the contractor full payment, upfront. Pay it in steps so you protect yourself from bad work.
There are a lot of great contractors out there. Try Angieslist.com if you do not know anyone for a referral. You can read review and get feedback that way. You can also go to Yelp.com to get reviews in your area.
If you need a home loan to pay your contractor, then give us a call at LendPlus Financial. We can run some figures and give you a payment structure that is comfortable and within your pocketbook.